SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Diplomate in School Neuropsychology from The American Board of School Neuropsychology. Post Graduate Certificate in School Neuropsychology. Certificate in Attachment Treatment. Practice areas include Clinical Psychology, School Psychology and Counseling Psychology. Private practice providing consultations, psychological assessments, school neuropsychological evaluations and interventions to a diverse population of children, adolescents and young adults, and their families. Practical, solution-oriented approach with clinical, school neuropsychological, cognitive/intellectual, psycho-educational assessment and intervention skills. Strengths include strong assessment, counselling and people skills; a positive, common sense orientation; excellent written communication skills and experience developing and presenting training programs, workshops and seminars; excellent report writing skills (comprehensive reports with sound recommendations and intervention strategies). Excellent diagnostic skills with training and experience in making a differential diagnosis and diagnosing a range of clinical and cognitive/intellectual disorders. Extensive experience working in a multidisciplinary team setting and with challenging, diverse populations.
PRIVATE PRACTICE, Established a private practice, 1987 – present
- Implement and conduct psychological assessments and school neuropsychological evaluations with children, adolescents and young adults.
- Consult with and counsel clients and their families, and develop and monitor intervention plans and recommendations.
- Liaison with community agencies and mental health organizations to provide support for the client and his or her family.
- Provide the client with written reports that are comprehensive, practical and contain relevant sound recommendations.
PSYCHOLOGIST, Toronto District School Board, 1987-2009
- Planned and conducted psychological assessments; consulted with parents, teachers and support staff. Participated in case study conferences and child support meetings. Developed intervention programs to assist children with a broad range of mental health and learning problems. Worked within a multi-disciplinary team setting and with a highly diverse population. Counselled and implemented intervention strategies with children, their families and teachers.
CONSULTANT to Addiction Treatment Centres, Social Service Agencies, Educational Institutions, 1987-1997
- Consulted with organizations, and conducted seminars, workshops and training sessions on topics related to Children of the Chemically Dependent. Developed a support group counselling program to assist these children. Services were designed to show parents and mental health professionals how to address the needs of children who were experiencing the drug and/or alcohol addiction of a parent.
- Provide supervisory support and consultations to unregistered masters and doctoral level practitioners in psychology.
INSTRUCTOR, Ryerson University in Toronto, 1986-1987
- Developed and taught a course on children’s television to Radio and Television Arts Students and Early Childhood Educators.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT/PROFESSOR at Yorkville University (Online Program), 2003-2005
- Developed and taught psychology courses (DSM-IV and Psychological Disorders; The Social, Developmental and Biological Basis of Behaviour) to graduate-level students enrolled in the Masters of Counselling Program.
- Developed and presented seminars, workshops and training sessions to various organizations, including addiction treatment centres, social service, mental health and educational organizations. To date these presentations have focused on Children of Alcoholic Parents, Childhood Stress and Media Violence and its effects on children.
- I Can Be Me, focuses on Children of Alcoholic Parents. Published by Health Communications in 1990, and later by KIDS RIGHTS in 1996. This book has been widely used by employee assistance programs, educational professionals, addiction treatment centres and social service agencies.PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Member of The Canadian Register of Health Care Providers in Psychology
- Member of the Canadian Psychological Association
- Licensed Psychologist (The College of Psychologists of Ontario)
- Member of The International Neuropsychological Society
- Member of the International Association for the Study of Attachment
- Member of School Neuropsychological Association
- Doctorate in Applied Psychology, University of Toronto (OISE)
- Masters in Applied Psychology, University of Toronto (OISE)
- B.A., Psychology, University of Toronto and Carleton University, Ottawa